Translate

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Thank you Louie

I have a special online friend who sent me a gift, and I wanted to say thanks to her here.
Louie, I call her, Louanne is her name, is a wonderful friend. She lives in Ohio, far from me, but not far from my roots back east.
And she is certainly close to heart.

Louie has the most musical voice I have ever heard, and talking to her is sheer delight..!
I think a voice conveys a lot about a person, a nice voice is somehow a reflection of their essence.
Certainly Louanne's voice reflects hers.

I wanted to acknowledge her special gift, which was for no reason at all, except she has the sweetest heart.
She is like family and I've never met her in person!

Might click on these to see the detail on the beautiful cards that reflect the seasons

 They just didn't look so great without frames.. 

 Louie thinks I should sell these things I make..what do you think? How much and where?
I will be making some soon with kimono silk. ANd I will be making kimono Haori jackets, maybe for little girls, puffy jackets of tye die silk..how precious..
For these framed with cards, I'd need to get about 55.00 each I think. These Japanese cards are very expensive, and I have pieces with chess pieces too, some are very large and would need a shadow box frame.

 Well, first the work , then the selling..Thanks Louie for believing in me and my gifts..my goal is lofty,, believe me.

Thanks Louie.  Hugs! (I got frames for some art stuff I had done a long time ago, your gift to me) ..3 pieces of art using Japanese cards, Hanafuda cards

 in memory of my days in Japan..and it's heavenly beauty and mystique..


Thanks Nobu for letting me know the name of these cards.