Translate

Friday, January 9, 2009

My Grandma....... reminiscing...

My Grandma inspired a love for crystal, glassware, and china dishes, and lovely cotton fabrics, and table cloths. That wasn't all, tho. She taught me and all her own kids, and all her grandkids, and great grandkids to swim, and a community of other kids as well.
Her name was Margaret  Estella Johnson, Montgomery.
She was a feisty little woman with sparkly blue eyes, and she was a cook and baker, much like our Linda Reeder  who loves making cookies, and sewing,  and plainly enjoying travel, other cultures and all fine things in life.




She taught me to sew, crochet, and appreciate all foods from any culture, and other cultures form early in life. Her interests were vast and she was good at whatever she did.

I wish she could visit me one last time, and have a cup of tea, we always had tea, tea and toast was good for what ailed you. She was an especially wonderful baker, and I grew up on home made bread, and so did the neighborhood of kids I shared hot bread with butter with on snowy days in winter, and brown sugar sandwiches in summer.
She danced, and almost always had a rose behind her ear. 
She was a gardener deluxe.
Peonies, daffs, tulips, roses, lily of the valley, lilacs, rhubarb,  all these are parts of her that became me.
 She would love having tea with me one more time, I'm sure, it wouldn't be sad, it would be perfect, and I'd get to ask her some questions I never had a chance to ask.
 She was the very last of my family of origin to die.
I was 34 when she died.
My Mother died when I was 23.
Others followed quickly.
I have been alone for a very long time.
 Grandma held on for me I think, but had to go, yet in my home and heart, she lives on.

I think of her everyday.
She was just perfect.
I love her very much.
She was the wisest and most loving woman I have ever known.
_()_ Bowing to you Grandma