Translate

Friday, January 23, 2009

Gift for Ella, and my Mexican Folk Art Collection grows by one piece...


A T Shirt for Ella

Ella, get well soon!

With Card



This morning I made a quick gift to take to see Ella, she is in the hospital. Ella is 93 and proud of every day of it.
I just love Ella, Her sister Doris was one of my best friends. (and was a neighbor). I miss her very much. Doris left , well, it will be 4 years ago in March.

So this is Ella's gift from me.
( I used iron on's to decorate the shirt)

She can wear it to bed, or give it away, it doesn't matter, I just wanted to give her a gift.

She only wanted to go home at the hospital, and I couldn't blame her.




My friend Dorothy in Seattle gave me this piece of folkart she found in Seattle.
 The woman is carrying fish, and wearing cowboy boots. It is signed,  not actually from Mexico, but done by Leo Smith. (folk artist  US)

Especially good that she has wings to rise above it all.
It's perfect!! 
Thank you Dorothy.


This purple dyed critter is from MX last trip I made, been awhile, and I got the yarn art in Guadalajara from a woman making them on the street.

I love black and white, and this dog is no exception. 
He is also signed but I forget who it is made by, I'll have to look.

Dorothy provided this chicken too. It appears to be made of white kimono fabric, It's a treasure!
She also gave me the chicken book behind it a few years ago.




A Few More MX folk art pieces.


Daphne, my daughter sent these shoes for my Birthday, by Two Lips, cute, huh?