Translate

Friday, January 9, 2009

Movie Posters...!!!! What fun!!

I went to a sale in Seattle a few weeks back,  ( gosh was it before Christmas, yes!)  
The 7 Gables Theatre had this poster sale.

 Don't ask how much I spent on posters! 

So, there is this large hallway here, of more or less wasted space, as far as practical usefulness goes, but it's purrfect for a different kind of art!

I've been wanting to do something smashing with it for awhile, and  I have known a few things I wanted to do.

 You enter this 'room' through an archway, and I have a red curtain there, but I want two heavy thick red velvet drapes, that you have to push your way through, and the walls and ceiling ( which is vaulted) will be painted extraordinary colors, soon.. 

...Meanwhile I have hung three movie posters in this room; Memoirs of  A Geisha, which is a very striking poster, Girl with the Pearl Earring, also stunning, and a sweet meaningful movie, Pieces of April. Katie Holmes in this movie reminds me of Daisy, they are definitely look a-likes, and have the same sweet hearts....I was going to use The Phantom Of The Opera, which I love, I'm just not crazy about the movie, but I think it might be more fitting in this space.  

Here are the posters.. coming attractions will be paint, and theatre curtains.. at least!
You really should consider clicking on these! You'll wannna know where the popcorn is..and you'll be busy online looking up the latest  great films.








These are not necessarily my favorite movies, but they didn't have every poster available, so.. I chose some nice ones, and have some more, maybe for gifts or maybe Ken Mac , Greenwich Village Daily Photo ( A  cool..NY blogger, in my blog list, and he posts messages here as well ) will want one?

Linda, said I sounded breathless, I have a secret, I am a horrible typist, so I try to be as minimal as possible when posting..however, when it came to Dorothy's birthday dinner/party, I only had 2 days notice to have it here, so I was pretty busy.