Translate

Monday, February 16, 2009

Leavenworth WA.

I got these soapstone hippos there this trip

I used to enjoy Leavenworth much more, but my favorite places closed up, so I pass through here, The States number one tourist attraction, on my way to Chelan or Winthrop.

I still enjoy the Jubilee Store tho.
Items from Vietnam, Kenya, and other places, and items made by women to support them and their families.
 Women must be empowered if we're to have a peaceful existence.
I always 'support' these stores.


Cafe Crista below

Not busy today
Some German fare ...
Coffee, thinking of Michelle!!!
Black forest cake
An apple dessert

A recent trip to Leavenworth, and dinner at the Cafe Crista while watching
 a kid play hackie sac across the street

.

Leavenworth was a dying town, and the people got together, ( key word here) and made it into a tourist attraction of German design, selling German foods and selling German wares, as well as putting on celebrations many times a year, The next coming up will be May Pole day.
It goes to show how successful people can be when they come together for a common purpose.
 We can make this world a better world, all we have to do is come together for that purpose.

Leavenworth is a huge success, a small town 3 clocks long gets packed many many times each year for celebrations.


Birthday Cake for a friend with a scandinavian invention atop that I got at Leavenworth's candle store.