Translate

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Collections


An angel from my Mexican folk art collection


A beautiful bowl (& gift) is made by my friend Martha ( and ceramics instructor in college).
I have more of her work. Presently she is doing fused glass a lot, and teaches at Normandale Community college in Minnesota.

Below, the b&w plate is more Mexican folk art, shown with two seashells.
The long white one in front is carried in Japanese wedding bouquets. 
Two shrimp are trapped in these for life.
hmmmm....
It's amazing, as most seashells are.



One stunning Scandinavian goblet, and a beer horn from Iittala.
 I also collect some Iittala items.
And it's my year, the year of the ox.
Another Mexican folk art plate. (green) 
It's not clay.


The book in back was my Mother's, Flash Gordon. 
My family had many of these books, but I don't know where they are.
The little clay house is by and from a friend , Marylou, from college.
She is a linguist for the NSA.
Potpourri is in an Iittala vase here, and is primarily tulips petals, and roses.
Two vases are ancient.
 And....... the painting is from Argentina, (from an old BF who traveled there).