Translate

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Everett, Red Umbrella, Orchids

Yesterday when I wen to see Ella, I mentioned Doris, well, Doris' daughter is Cec, and she is Ella's niece, of course, so when we met in Everett. (The larger town close by ), near the hospital, (and in one of her old neighborhoods where she lived when her children were in baby buggies). 

The place where we met is pictured here, an old deli/grocery store, now latte and sandwich spot. 

It brought back many memories for Cec. Afterwards we drove down the alley to the house where she lived, and I got the story of how the neighborhood was back then. 

Still a nice neighborhood, with huge houses that people take care to restore.
It is about a block east of the Sound, and about 15 blocks to downtown Everett.

Here are the pics: umm nice hot latte's!





And here are a few close ups of my orchids;
They were taken in the dark, so my shutter stayed open longer than I can hold still, yet, they look ok...