Translate

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Cafe' Monday

Espresso stand in the valley of Snohomish.
This photo was taken in the fall when they have the pumpkin patch going on.
 Hot fresh apple cider, corn on the cobb, hay bales to sit on. 
Daisy used to find a big pumpkin, and ask me to watch it while she looked for a bigger pumpkin. 
I was happy to.
I wish we could go back to her being a little girl and I could watch her pumpkins for her.
We had fun together, at least I had fun, and hope she did too.

 I'll add a few pictures of the 3 block long town to this post. 
This is where I lived on a 5 acres farm with Daisy when she was a little girl.
They were good times. The farm had a view of Mt. Rainier from the kitchen.
We lived through an earthquake at the farm , too.
It was quite an experience as walls were moving back and forth. Daisy was in the bathroom with her friend telling ghost stories when it hit,..then they were really spooked!

If you have a coffee related photo for Cafe' Monday, add it to your blog and post a comment here, maybe somebody will stumble upon it! lol

This is one latte stand in the area among thousands, on street corners around here. 
Reminds me of the vending machines you find everywhere in Japan that sell milk; coffee, beer, etc. Even in the country!


This used to be the local Theatre, now an antique store.  :(
The Green and White building was, I believe, The Black Cat at one time. Now they are down the street, and this building is for lease.
Downtown Snohomish, made a come back by turning itself into an antique town, but new merchants are selling 'made in China' stuff, and I notice now many stores closing up. Guess these people might not have been aware of what made the town a destination.


This shot is down the length of the main street.
The  Snohomish River is on the right side. I like the small cafe there where I sit on the deck watching the water float by.