Translate

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Tables and stuff (in lieu of swans), Rant about Corporate Greed





Thinking of Karen in Kentucky with this plate with dragon fly's. The dragon fly plates are from Vietnam,  and the brown plates and bowls are from Japan.

 I have my own personal views about buying from CHINA...
 I Don't!
They are ruining the environment, and I  Boycott  their goods.
What better time than now when money is scare, even 'vanishing'?

These plate holders are from Indonesia. 

Most of my home furnishings are hand made, I have rattan, and wicker. I value hand made work.
Some of my furniture is from Denmark, manufactured, but it is designer furniture from Eilerson, and I believe it to be superior, and with more of a handmade touch.
 I buy carpets from Iran, handmade (and usually old).
 Imagine anyway, 2 to 300 knots per square inch, tied by hand.
These rugs represent, to me, peoples lives, stories, joys, suffering, gain and loss, 
but most of all the quality of working with ones hands.

Not that manufacturing doesn't, but most manufacturing these days, 
omits the human element, just as corporate America does.
Corporate America wants to see us as machines, money making machines, money for their higher ups, CEO'S.
It's so sad, because a quality of life is possible for all.
Harmony is a beautiful thing.

Work by a Canadian Artist...
Does anybody want to talk about Corporate greed?
(probably not..lol)
Talk about how poor employees are paid and how tightly controlled they are?
But, it seems most  feel as they have no choice.

We do have a few choices.
Both adults in a household don't have to work, or could take turns, of course that would mean giving up retirement, etc.
But whose to say you'll get it anyway? Or social security?

I admit I have taken on a P/T job working for a Corporation, 
and I can tell you, they squeeze 40 hours out of me in 16 or 20.

But it is a learning experience, one I doubt I'll stay in for long.
We also reap what we sow.

 Oh, if only Corp America could insert a chip in us, and make us do their bidding 24 /7. 
These control freaks would be in hog heaven. I mean that literally.
(yeah, maybe I think they're pigs)
Go for it Corporate America, cause what you, sow, you also reap.

BUY HAND MADE

By the way I'll be teaching a ceramics class soon, on Fridays,
 so if you have always wanted to get your hands in clay, e-mail me.

Aren't these dishes beautiful, take a closer looks, the four large plates are of two distinct patterns, one pattern is like the small bowl.
The Japanese fascinate me, what refined taste they have.

Daffodils in season , soon to open in Skagit valley
That vase with daffs is an old piece of mine from college..
Notice how all the Japanese things, like Persian rugs, work together beautifully.
The small green bowls are also Japanese.

Of course, who is that famous designer who designed the daffodils?

Kimono called  Wilted Chrysanthmums. 
I'll photograph my other kimonos and Haori  (jacket) later.

Kimono bunnies
(the white thing behind them is an oil lamp, from Vietnam)

I was back in Laconner taking photographs of swans, and my battery went dead on my camera..
The swans BTW are lovely to see over hear rather than 747's..go out to the Skagit valley and take a look before they take off for the year.