Translate

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Longest Beach in US is in Washington State? News to me, but true

Long Beach is a peninsula, we have a few here, and this one is home to a 28 mile beach, longest in the US!

We hiked the refuge here last weekend, it was wonderful, (Take mosquito repellent).



A bay on one side, Pacific Ocean on other, This is THE Tsunami Zone.. of ALL Tsunami zones!

This is also home to an island ( little known) with old growth pockets of 1000 year old trees.
Access by boat only, and is completely primitive.. must filter your own water, and unless you can put your RV in a kayak, you won't be going here in an RV. lol

So I was scheduled to do this island this weekend, but guess what? No kayak rentals nearby, REI doesn't rent kayaks here in WA. so it's too late to order the kayak I would like to get, and my inflatable isn't good for this I think.
Anyway, there is a kayaking water trail 124 miles on the Columbia here too. Wow, what a place, next chapter of my life... begins here! Wanna tag along?