Translate

Monday, October 17, 2022

Gifts from a friend

Met up with an old friend when I was in the south that I hadn’t seen in soo long.  I can’t say how great it was though  the visit wasn’t long enough and I just soaked up her company and enjoyed everything she had to share.  Somethings there are no words to explain how endearing one feels  I could have visited with her for ages . It was definitely going home to be in her company. The books belonged to her husband who was also a wonderful friend and who passed away and I really wished I’d been in touch. He was also my art history professor and they were two great and wonderful caring friends in my life there  I was able to do a little lecturing to his education classes on art in Children’s literature. He had a lot of confidence in me which is always something people need . He encouraged me to get my MFA and he’d hire me to teach there. But I had a child and no one to help out and 
    • Even though that would have been the perfect job for me I couldn’t swing it. He’d suggested I go to Mexico to Instituto to get it . 
    • She is a fine musician and was very quiet, possibly more so because he had a lot to say . I have to laugh when I think about a few friends who were quite the talkers. Find fond memories . But now she had her share of the time and I just loved listening to her and enjoyed her telling me about the community etc . Truly lucky to have these friends.