Translate

Monday, July 13, 2009

Keystone Ferry

Inside the ferry. It was full of people, lots going on, one couple throwing dice,
kids running the adults to death being so active, and some of us just sipping a latte brought aboard and watching all the activity.

This is the small ferry that crosses from Port Townsend to Whidbey Island ( Keystone),
it's a longish ferry ride, which is enjoyable.
They recently added this smaller ferry,
smaller than the other small ferry that we used to have that I liked better.
Also, they try to make you get reservations to use it,
here the tides very much effect the ferry runs, too.

But... as any of you who know me know, I am not one to make reservations.
Choosing to take this ferry back last weekend allowed me to
drive along Hood Canal towards home, rather than take I 5.
There is actually another route, shorter, through Edmonds on that ferry,
but I opted for the two ferries, Keystone and the Mukilteo,
Clinton Ferry which dropped me at my front door.
I'll post a night time shot on the Mukilteo Ferry tomorrow.


This ferry only has 4 lanes, the Mukilteo Ferry has has I think, at least 12 lanes, and is much longer as well.
We have an extensive ferry system here, including the Ferry to Alaska,

through such as the Wrangell Narrows.
I've been up to twice on that run.
This is Port Townsend from the ferry, I have actually spent loads of time here.
I've stayed at the hostel here, and gone to writers conferences, etc.
I have several friends here I haven't seen in awhile, and,
the Reiki master who trained me is here.


There is an Old Boat Club here at PT , too. And the Marine Sciences have a place here, too, where you can go for a scientific tour on their boat, counting seals, and etc. It's pretty cool.


The ferry from on deck