Translate

Friday, November 18, 2022

Cloves Worth more than Gold

 Below is a necklace. A beaded necklace. But it’s not just beads…a closer look reveals Cloves! 

At one time Cloves were worth more than gold  the reason… it was believed that cloves protected people .  


These ‘Plastron’ necklaces were made with cloves to protect vulnerable beloved daughters,.. let that sink in. 

By the way Plastron necklaces as opposed to chokers were designed to cover the chest area this design dates back to Egypt.


And Banjara may have been held captive in Egypt when the Hebrews were there and escaped in a different direction. Banjara is a name that may mean Gypsy. It’s also associated with nomad. (from a part of Persia).   

The history of the Banjara is vast  the history of  Sogdian is rather new so far as discovery  

These two groups have been subjects I’ve studied the past 20 some years  Also epigenetics! 

Textiles in general are of interest to me, made from plants mostly, as most everything is made of plants. 

Interesting  

I have bolts of Japanese kimono textiles  some weaves date back to ancient China. 

These bolts are sold per kimono or Haori. One bolt is enough for a kimono and is about 13” wide. 

I have kimono in tie dye silk known as shibori as well as cotton and other silks and woolens, some of these are rare weaves and are national treasures in Japan.

And to complete this collection I have chawan tea bowls  (for matcha green tea). 


Another collection is tribal Persian rugs. I collect from areas of my interest  and another collection of Suzanis, from Uzbekistan.


I will be going over these for a few posts  

I also collect Bologna Annuals  I used to sell them at my store. I had a great interest in the children’s picture book and have a collection of those as well .


At one time I lectured college students on the subject of art in children’s literature to education majors. They really lived learning this. 

And I could throw in folklore because I studied that topic as well very interesting topic. I was surprised really how far reaching folklore was. I took it my last semester in college just for one of my degrees. But I’ve used what I learned numerous times I’d never had expected anything to be relevant.


Stay tuned  below I’m posting two Plastron beaded necklaces  with cloves! 

Oh and forgive iPhone for auto correcting,…iow’s, rewriting what I write! Zoom in on the cloves!

I wish we were more protective of our daughters in todays world. 

My heart goes out to Iran and all there who are impotent and unable to be anything but greedy building such a fearful world so a few old men can be in control. A few cowards! 

And grooming more. 

We are too close for comfort in allowing impotent men to rule!

 We have to address education if we want change . Our children can easily change the world for the better. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have to quit iPhone for blogging!!!