Translate

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Lighthouse stairs

Mukilteo isn't a destination point, altho I arrived here about 16 years ago. 
Mukilteo was a gathering place for the local natives, the name means neck of the goose.
 The ferry departs every 30 minutes for Whidbey Island and  therefore it is a starting place, a holding line as it were for many adventures in nature.
 On Whidbey you can take another ferry that goes to the Olympic Peninsula, and also another that takes you to Victoria BC. Another ferry will take you to Seattle from the Peninsula.
From Whidbey Island you can drive south to Deception Pass and La Conner, Mt Baker and The North Cascades.
I guess this is what Mukilteo has been to me, a starting place to explore the region. 
Hop on,  I'll take you on my tour!

Being Mukilteo is very small, I won't be including much about the place but the places it can take you instead.